Good careers advice can be difficult to come by.
- Help your son or daughter to think about their next steps by exploring what they like (and don’t like), their talents and interests
- Explore the type of education or training that‘s right for them
- Look at school and college courses, apprenticeships and employment opportunities
- Plan a career pathway that will build the qualifications, skills and experience needed to succeed in their chosen industry
- They can also provide practical help with preparing a CV, applying for a job or to university or getting ready for an interview.
- I-could.com (for information on career profiles)
- Plotr (for careers advice)
- Tips to access the hidden job market
- Browse our CV writing guides and templates on The Employment Shop website
- Oxme, run by Oxfordshire County Council, is another useful resource.
- The National Careers Service website is a great starting point for anyone thinking about their next steps.
Supporting career guidance at schools
If you are would like us to speak to pupils at your school regarding Activate Learning's programmes and apprenticeships, we are able to:
- Deliver sessions on options
- Hold drop in clinics to support pupils with their applications
- Arrange visits to Activate Learning.
Contact us on email@example.com for more information.